C&C Underwriters, Inc.
All Forms of Insurance

31300 Plymouth Rd
Livonia, MI 48150


If you own a car that you want to register and operate in Michigan, the law requires that the car be insured. The law spells out the minimum amounts of coverage required and sets up a "No-Fault" system for providing benefits.

But- and this could be important to you- what the law requires doesn't cover every possible loss connected with your car ownership. You can protect yourself against these additional exposures, but you need to consult with your independent agent to be sure you have the coverage you need.

Coverage You MUST Buy

Personal Injury Protection: For you and for any relatives living in your household if you are hurt in an automobile accident:
     * Unlimited medical and rehabilitation costs
     * Replacement income (within limits) up to three years
     * Up to $20 per day for needed substitute services
     * In case of death, funeral expenses, (limited) and survivor's benefits equal to three years of                          replacement income (within limits)

Residual Liability Insurance: For defense and any court-awarded damages (up to amounts set in your policy) if you are sued in connection with a car accident. This can be because of:
     * Bodily injury which occurs in another state, or, under certain circumstances, in Michigan
     * Property damage done in another state

If you buy only the car insurance required by Michigan law, be sure you understand what is not covered. Because you, rather than your minimum required "No-Fault" insurance will pay for the following losses plus several more.
     * Any court-awarded damages above the mandatory residual liability limits
     * Up to $500 for uninsured damage done to someone else's car when you're "substantially at fault" in a moving collision
     * Repairing your car after an accident
     * Replacing your car if it's stolen
Some Valuable OPTIONS

Michigan's required "No-Fault" car insurance leaves out a number of desirable coverages. If you want those coverages, they're available as options. Your independent agent can help you make these decisions.

* Higher Residual Liability Limits: Provide you with more than the minimum coverage required under law. Most people purchase higher liability limits because courts often find people liable for more than the minimum amounts required under law

* Higher Replacement Income Limits: If your regular monthly income exceeds the maximum amount of replacement income payable under "No-Fault", this options covers the difference

* "Mini-Tort": Pays up to $1,000 for uninsured damage to someone else's car for which you are responsible

* Collision: Covers repairs your car may need after an accident

* Comprehensive: Covers loss and damage to your car by theft, fire, vandalism, glass breakage, hail, flood and other perils

* Uninsured Motorist: Provides benefits to you or your estate when you sustain certain injuries or are killed by an insured motorist or hit-and-run driver

* Under-Insured Motorist: Protects you or your estate for pain and suffering and excess wage loss benefits when you sustain serious injury or are killed by another motorist who has inadequate insurance coverage

* Auto Rental: Pays some or all of the cost of renting a car while yours is undrivable because of an accident

* Road Service: Pays some or all of the costs when you need a tow truck, battery jump or similar aid

* Higher Deductibles: Collision and some other coverages carry deductibles so that you pay part of the repair or other cost and insurance pays the rest. If you take a higher deductible, your premium can be reduced

* Coordinated Benefits: When you purchase no-fault insurance, you have a choice of either purchasing coordinated coverage or primary coverage. If you purchase company coverage, your no-fault insurance company will pay for all medical benefits except the deductible. You may want to purchase primary coverage when you do not have health insurance or when your health insurance excludes coverage for this type of medical benefit. If you want your health insurance to pay for your medical costs and you purchase coordinated no-fault coverage, then you will be given a slight reduction in your no-fault premium. However, before choosing this limited coverage from your automobile insurer, make sure your health insurer covers these claims, or you may have to pay a deductible. Your independent agent is a professional and can help you make the choice that's best for you.